Chaired by Professor Tim Middleton, this session was attended by twenty-two businesses and stakeholders in the town centre. The discussion included the following:
- how we deal effectively with undesirables in the high street and surrounding area;
- the opportunities available in changing the business model for the Market to make longer-term improvements;
- demand for empty commercial premises in the town centre;
- development of an artisan offer for the town;
- the right and proper organisation to represent businesses.
It was agreed that a list of quick actions and a list of longer-term aspirations would be circulated to the group, with a potential second meeting in the summer.