Dear Pastor and Friends,
This month at Soweto Baptist Church we baptized four; Bulelwa, Sindisiwe, Thuli, and Nwabisa. We were also able to give out baptismal certificates to many of those who have been saved and baptized since Soweto started. Over the last 10 months (since the church was started) we have seen a total of 26 people follow the Lord in believer’s baptism.
Another super exciting thing: We will have our very first couple, saved and baptized at Soweto, get married! Mxolisi (pictured above standing on my right side) and Bulelwa (pictured above getting baptized with the purple head covering) will be getting married Sunday, November 6th. Bekah and I will begin pre-marriage counseling lessons with this couple within the next two week.
We started going through Foundations on Friday night with our teens and young people. We are averaging over 20 in attendance. Matthew, Thami and I are teaching them in smaller group settings.
As planned, Bible Institute began on August 16th. This semester Life of Christ, Exodus, and Acts are being taught. We just finished up our fifth week. There are 12 currently enrolled and several others who are auditing the classes. All seem to be enjoying their studies of the Scriptures.
Other prayer requests:
- Ladies Conference will be this Saturday, September 17th at Grace Baptist Church
- Stephen and Ashlee Underwood are settling in and have officially begun language school.
- Praise God, all our visas have come in approved! Now that our kids have study visas, we can enroll them in a school a couple of blocks from our house.
- Please continue to pray for our future church plant in Zwide. Everything we are looking at is in the $25,000 price range. Pray the Lord will supply the funds necessary to proceed.
- We are making plans now for our first missions conference at Soweto Baptist Church. It will be held on our 1st year anniversary, Nov 30th - Dec 2.
Thanks so much for your continued prayers and support!
Jeremy and Rebekah Hall