Dear Pastor and Friends,
At Soweto Baptist Church, there were 12 people baptized this month and several more who made professions of faith! One man in particular I would like to ask you to pray for is Mxoliso (pictured on the left below). He is our very first dad to follow the Lord in believer's baptism. He attends faithfully with his wife and son. This is a huge thing for us, seeing that of all the guys I currently work with, only one has his dad living at home. Click here to see a video.
Last week we had a special one-night youth service to celebrate Youth Day at Soweto Baptist Church. It was preached by our visitor, and good friend, Pastor Trent Cornwell. We had a great attendance, 168 (around 30 of those were visitors from New Life Baptist Church). One person made a profession of faith! Click here to see more photos.
Upcoming Events and Prayer Requests:
- Outreach: Next weekend, June 2, we are going to have our first church-wide tract distribution. We will have breakfast together, a short devotional and head out.
- Bible Institute: August 16th we will begin our Bible Institute. This will be hosted by the church my brother is currently pastoring in town. There will be several of our churches sending students to study. We have one student who will begin attending from Soweto, Matthew Olwethu.
- Language: The first week of August we also have another missionary family who will be joining us, the Underwoods. Stephen and Ashlee will be moving here to begin their study of isiXhosa. Please remember them, and the James Wyatt family who are currently studying the language. Also, please continue to pray for us and our language advancement.
- Financial need: We are needing $2000 to finish up the building project at Wells Estate Baptist Church. With this money, the church will be able to get the electricity connected and a bathroom installed.
- One last prayer request: This week is Neighborhood Bible Time (similar to VBS) at Grace Baptist Church in town. This is one of my kid’s favorite times of the year. Please pray for the dozens of children who will hear the gospel and learn incredible truths from God’s word.
Thank you so much for your prayers and support.
Jeremy and Rebekah Hall