Numbers and Stories
It's been an action packed 6 months at Stand Up. A huge thank you to YOU, our generous supporters and energetic volunteers, who have made it all possible!
Iâ€™m extremely proud to share just a few of Stand Upâ€™s 2016 highlights with you:
This is just a snapshot of what we've achieved this year. Whilst the numbers above are impressive, I'm more inspired by the stories behind the numbers. Please watch the 4 videos below to get a real sense of Stand Up's impact.
- Every Sunday 19 Sudanese youth attend the iCan program where they receive academic tutoring, study skills, and leadership training. Yesterday we had a mini careers expo which was a huge success.
- Over 65 Indigenous youth have enjoyed Stand Up's school holiday programs in Toomelah and Boggabilla, including a 10 day leadership and work experience retreat in Sydney in January called Camp Connections.
- 73 Bar & Bat Mitzvah aged youth have completed Stand Up ABC in Melbourne and Sydney. Their 15 social justice action projects have impressed and inspired us.
- Our 16 Fellows are half way through their leadership journey, and spent 6 hours yesterday learning about innovation and design thinking.
- 1250 school students have enjoyed our social justice education programs in the Jewish schools.
CEO - Stand Up
PS: We have sold over 180 copies of Standing Up. Purchase your copy today here at a discounted rate because our crowdfunding campaign closes tonight.