So rather than hibernate over the coming Winter months why not use this time to plot some perspective?
Autumn and Winter and Hibernation. Herein lies a lesson in re-framing.
At Halloween I read about the Celtic Calendar which considered Winter as the beginning of the year and night as the beginning of the day.
Donning the proverbial wooly re-framing hat I pondered the thought of starting the day with 8 hour lie-ins and that 1st November means it's time to build energy and not put it to ground. It's a nice twist, isnt' it?
So the wintery twist brought home to me that we constantly construct restraints around advancement or stasis. We rarely question our situations or our self-imposed patterns of behaviour. We may even create "logic" and "find" reasons why we're holding on to our current situation or behaving in certain ways. In some cases they are valid. In others we've possibly gone into auto-pilot. Possibly season after season.
What matters is that only we really know if we are the ones keeping us where we are. Are we encouraging ourselves to go where we really want to go?
- Do your ideas or goals feel right?
- Does your current situation feel right?
- Are your actions (small, incremental and large) taking you where you want to go?
- What has been working well recently, why and how?
- What's not been going so well, why and how do you know?
- Knowing all of that, what else do you know?
I'm always happy to hear from you so please let me know how you're getting on.
Keep well. Be happy. Stay in touch.