Tra la la la la, la la la laaaaaa....
It's December and Christmas time is truly upon us so here at Zimkids we're reflecting on a fantastic year of fundraising and thus programme growth in Zimbabwe.
We're thankful for so many things, here are a few:
* For the growth we've seen in our families, especially the Township Teachers and Trainee Farmers who have grown in confidence, in leaps and bounds!
* The opportunity to branch out into new areas in Education, Farming and Youth camps as a result of an increase in funds.
* An incredible profile-building and fund-raising event at Swansea Football Club in April
* The opportunity and resources to rebuild rooms at the base to start our exciting new Media project.
* The beginning of a wonderful new corporate partnership with 'Gibbs S3'
* The new people that have joined the Zimbabwe team; Ellie, Becky and Dave and the ways in which they've grown the team.
* A full container of vital goods being shipped off to Zimbabwe last week thanks to generous donations and help packing.
* Sending 8 different volunteers out to help out on the ground in Zimbabwe
* Seeing children, that could not write or read at all at the beginning of the year, writing stories and reading books in English so they can now be enrolled into state school.
* The faithful core team; Puff, Camilla and Blessing, for how much they've grown into their areas in the past year and for their unswerving perseverance in the face of adversity!
* Countless community fundraising events led by Shamwari's including bake sales, toy sales, afternoon teas and challenge events.
* How our teens are learning the importance of goal setting, being responsible for themselves and their actions, how to deal with their emotions well and how they can give to others.
* Witnessing one of our widows, after the loss of her son earlier this year, taking two street kids into her home to care for and love as her own children.
* Seeing our teen's school grades improving from D's and E's to A's, B's and C's!
Phew, it's been a busy year both home and away!! If you'd like any more info about any of those things, please do drop us a line we'd love to chat more about the progress we've been able to make in 2016.
And finally a little plug....
Oh no it isn't! Oh yes it is!
Tickets £8 per person (£10 on the door).
Thank you all and we wish you a peaceful lead up to Christmas and New Year.
Copyright (C) 2016 Zimkids All rights reserved.