SUSTAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
Dear <<First Name>>,
HOW TO DONATE
The past 18 months has proved an exceptional and very productive period for Unfinished Histories, made possible through our Heritage Lottery Funding award which concludes in May. We have created:
Accolades, appreciations, and enthusiasm for what we are achieving come at us by the bucketload as marks of approval, and confirmation that our work of recording and promoting alternative theatre, making it a living experience, giving it its long overdue place in British theatre history by rescuing it from obscurity, is most welcome and widely applauded.
- 50 company web pages,
- our Re-Staging Revolutions exhibition, seen at Ovalhouse, Kentish Town Community Centre and currently Camden Local Studies and Archive Centre,
- 6 exhibition-related events: Oval House in the 1960s & 70s, Kate Crutchley Tribute, Theatre Centre readings, Black Theatre panel discussion & staged readings, Alternative Pantos staged readings and an Inter-Action retrospective,
- over 40 new interviews,
- the digitisation of an extensive number of posters, photos, programmes and flyers for our collection and website,
- a series of monthly alternative theatre events at our Bethnal Green office.
John Bull Puncture Repair Kit
HOW TO DONATE
While we are riding high we are launching a funding appeal aimed at you, our friends and supporters, to assist us as we develop and maintain the many exciting Unfinished Histories facilities we have established:
- our website which has become the first port of call for searchers and researchers of British alternative theatre,
- our website where practitioners can document their alternative theatre work,
- our office with its archive and library,
- our office where posters, photos, leaflets etc can be scanned and lodged with our archive,
- regular alternative theatre events - readings, discussions, performances that re-unite original practitioners and introduce emerging artists and audiences to the work.
Black Theatre Co-op
Every week we are discovering more companies and artists whose innovative work defined generations of theatre makers.
If you would like to support us as we continue researching, documenting and sharing the work of Alternative Theatre, you can do so now in the following ways:
- For a one-off online donation go to our My Donate page by clicking HERE NOW
- To sign up for a monthly donation via PayPal click HERE NOW
- Sending us a cheque made payable to Unfinished Histories Ltd, posted to: Room 15, 21 Old Ford Road, London E2 9PL
- Contact us if you would like our bank details so that you can pay directly into our account
All donations are most gratefully received with our heartfelt thanks.
This appeal is the first of a number of initiatives we are currently developing to raise funds towards the longevity of Unfinished Histories.
Please pass this on to those you feel might be interested in the work of Unfinished Histories. Spread the word. Forward to a friend.
Susan Croft (Director) and Jessica Higgs (Associate Director)
Patrons: Adjoa Andoh, Baroness Christine Crawley, Stephen Daldry, Tony Elliot, Kwame Kwei-Armah, Pratibha Parmar, Sir Tony Robinson, Dame Harriet Walter
Board: Danny Braveman (Chair), Tony Coult, Susan Croft, Jessica Higgs, Vanessa Lee, Olusola Oyeleye, Lucie Regan, Sue Timothy