The Society for Canadian Women in Science and Technology (SCWIST) is a non-profit association that promotes, encourages and empowers women and girls in science, engineering and technology. Ms Infinity programs introduce girls to exciting career options and female role models in science and technology. Conferences and workshops with fun filled activities bring science alive. Girls are introduced to jobs from all areas of science and get the support they need when deciding how to take their interest in science further with e-mentor and role model programs.
POSITION OVERVIEW & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Title: Coordinator - MS Infinity Program
Type: Part-time contract (12 - 18 hours per week)
Application deadline: January 20, 2015
Reports to: Director of Outreach
Time Commitment: This is a 6-month contract, to be renewed based on grant funding
Coordination and promotion of ms infinity programming:
Coordination of the e-mentoring program:
- Volunteer recruitment and management
- Volunteer training, development and communication (quarterly e-newsletter)
- Preparation of promotional material and marketing of the program
- Organization of and communication with the ms infinity committee
- Communication with workshop/ event/ conference organizers
- Promotion of ms infinity offerings to SCWIST members
- Assistance in workshop, event and conference organization
- Research of new workshop and event possibilities to extend the reach of ms infinity
- Development of new educational workshops
- Grant application, reporting and budget management
- Program administration
- Recruitment of mentors and mentees
- Organization of discussion topics
All offers are subject to satisfactory completion of reference and police criminal record check.
- A degree in science or education
- Experience in informal science education and program coordination
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Ability to present the Society well in the science learning and promotion community
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Self-motivated with attention to detail
- Experience in event organization and management, as well as experience managing budgets
- Excellent knowledge in MS Office and social media tools
Please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would like to thank all candidates. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SCWIST is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals.