Translations of this message are available in Spanish, Hmong, Chinese, and Vietnamese.
SCUSD is seeking input from students, staff, families, and community members on the district’s initial draft of the Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan. The purpose of this plan is to describe how the district will address the impacts of COVID-19 and maintain continuity of student learning in the coming year. The final document will include the district’s plans for:
- Providing distance learning and, when public health conditions allow, in-person instruction
- Measuring student progress and participation and address learning loss
- Providing supports for English Learners, Foster Youth, Homeless Youth, Students with Unique Needs, and Low-income students
- Ensuring access to devices and connectivity
- Providing resources and supports to address student and staff mental health and social emotional well-being
- Student and family engagement and outreach to reengage students who are absent, unengaged, or at risk of learning loss
- Providing school meals for students during distance learning and in-person instruction
- Increasing/improving services for English Learners, Foster Youth, Homeless Youth, and Low-Income students
All stakeholders are encouraged to provide comments on the Draft Plan. The draft is available in Spanish, Hmong, Chinese, Vietnamese, and English. The draft plan and comment forms can be accessed at the following address https://www.scusd.edu/pod/learning-continuity-and-attendance-plan or by pointing a smartphone camera at the Quick Response (QR) codes on this page.
Thank you for sharing your experience and perspectives. The voices of students, staff, family, and community are an important part of the district’s planning process.