Out with the old (My-Waste app), in with the new,
Recycle Coach app
NEWMARKET, Ontario, December 20, 2018 – The Town of Newmarket is encouraging residents to make the switch from the current My-Waste app and download the new Recycle Coach app for all your waste and recycle needs on your mobile device(s).
The Town of Newmarket is making the switch to the Recycle Coach app to better serve the needs of our community with the changing digital landscape. Various technologies will be brought together (web application, mobile application and digital assistants (Google Home / Alexa) to assist residents in their day-to-day waste and recycling needs.
Some features of the new Recycle Coach app include:
- A ‘what goes where’ database for users to find instructions on how to dispose of items
- A ‘report a problem’ feature that connects to our Customer Service Centre for all municipal matters, such as reporting a pothole or reporting a street light outage
- A customized collection calendar with the ability to set reminders for collections every week, or when there is a change (i.e. due to a holiday)
- Tips on how to be a better recycler and how to reduce and reuse every day products
- Emergency and non-emergency notification, such as program disruptions, program changes, community waste and recycling events and more!
Newmarket residents who do not want to make the switch to Recycle Coach can continue to use the My-Waste app. Access to the My Waste app will not be disrupted.
Make the switch and download the Recycle Coach app today from your IOS or Android app store.
To learn more about Recycle Coach, visit the Recycle Coach website.
- 30 -
Corporate Communications, Town of Newmarket
Phone: 905-953-5300 ext. 2040