A round up of news......
12 February 2020
Central West Gippsland Primary Care Partnership (CWGPCP) News:
System Integration Video Interview Series
CWGPCP is developing a new audio-visual interview series to provide cross-sector capacity building opportunities to improve engagement between service delivery staff working in the health and human services sectors.
If organisations/programs would like to promote any services in this video series, please contact Catherine Lane via email: Catherine.Lane@lchs.com.au
After-hours Healthcare Resources
CWGPCP has developed after-hours resources for Latrobe and Baw Baw:
Victorian Healthy Food Basket - Latrobe 2019
The Victorian Healthy Food Basket survey, is a tool that assesses the affordability of a healthy diet. The basket provides both healthy food choices and foods that represent typical purchases of Victorians. The healthy food component of the basket provides enough food to meet the nutritional needs of four different family types for a fortnight.
The survey was conducted in Latrobe in 2019 and provides a current snapshot of the affordability and availability of healthy food across Latrobe. Some of the key findings include:
- In 2019 a family of four needs to spend an average of 33% of their fortnightly income on food.
- The cost of the healthy food basket has increased an average of $72.47 from 2008 to 2019, with the highest increase occurring in Moe ($94.76).
- An elderly pensioner is able to spend a significantly reduced proportion of their income on food compared to other family types.
- A typical family can spend up to $92 more when shopping at an independent store.
- View the complete report: Victorian Healthy Food Basket report.
- Guidelines for health services and general practitioners regarding Novel coronavirus has been published at https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/information-health-services-novel-coronavirus.
- The Family Violence Workforce Census has been extended until 28 February to encourage more people to have their say. The census is for all workers in Victoria’s health, community services, justice, education and training sectors who sometimes come across with victims of family violence or perpetrators.
- Gippsland Women's Health are facilitating Family Violence Multi-Agency Risk Assessment and Management (MARAM) Collaborative Practice Training to professionals across Gippsland - click here to see the range of courses offered throughout 2020. To assist individuals and agencies assess appropriate training requirements, Gippsland Women's Health have also developed a simple Training Guide.
- The TRAK Forward program is for parents/carers, infants, children and young people who have been impacted by Family Violence and are ready to move forward with their lives. TRAK Forward services are located in the Inner Gippsland area.
- The Latrobe Council is excited to provide the ‘Latrobe City Grant Finder’ to all local businesses, community groups, not-for-profits and individuals. This free service provides a comprehensive list of grant and funding opportunities available. Register to receive emailed alerts for new grants, save favourites and access tips to help apply for grants.
- Organisations can demonstrate their commitment to the health and well-being of employees by creating a healthy workplace environment with the Life! program. The Life! program has a variety of free workplace offerings available. Register here or email: email@example.com for more information
- Saver Plus matches your savings dollar-for-dollar, up to $500. Click here to view a short video about Stacey’s Saver Plus journey - a free program that provides financial education, budgeting and savings tips and helps families to pay for education costs. For more information, contact Rick, Berry Street, phone: (03) 5120 2542 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training, Conferences, Events, Seminars
- Webinar: Working to support the mental health of children with an intellectual disability - Emerging Minds - 13 February (evening), online
- Unpacking Resistance (gender equality / primary prevention) - DVRC - 19 February, Melbourne
- Introduction to Evaluation - Australian Evaluation Society - 20 February, Carlton
- Bushfire Relief Fundraiser - Churchill Hotel - 22 February, Churchill
- 'CHCDFV001 Recognise and respond appropriately to domestic and family violence' (four-day accredited course) - DVRC - 25, 26 February, 3, & 4 March, Melbourne
- Palliative Care Essentials - Banksia Palliative Care Service Inc / Gippsland Region Palliative Care Consortium - 26 February, Traralgon
- National Education Toolkit for Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting Awareness (NETFA) Launch - 27 February (evening), Melbourne
- Advancing the Evidence: Migrant Women's Sexual and Reproductive Health Conference - 27-28 February, Melbourne
- Introductory and Advanced Community-based Social Marketing workshops - 3-6 March, Melbourne
- Prevention (of violence against women) in Practice (three-day course) - DVRC - 4, 11, 18 March, Melbourne
- Change Our Game International Women’s Day Lunch - 6 March, Melbourne
- Pain Revolution Rural Outreach Tour - (a collaborative event) - 10 March (Traralgon) and 11 March (Sale & Bairnsdale)
- National Early Years Summit - 11-12 March, Melbourne
- Warrigal Creek Massacre Documentary Screening - West Gippsland Libraries - 12 March, Warragul (free screening event)
- Gippsland Bushfire Fundraising Concert - 14 March, Traralgon
- Introduction to Cost Effectiveness Analysis in Health - The University of Melbourne - 23 March, Melbourne
- 2020 Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training - ASIST - 2 Day Workshop - Latrobe Regional Hospital (LRH) - 23-24 March, Traralgon
- Blended Mental Health First Aid for Workplace - Mental Health First Aid Australia - 23 March (Traralgon), 24 March (Warragul), 31 March (Sale)
- Practical Methods for Health Economic Evaluation - The University of Melbourne - 24-26 March, Melbourne
- Level 1 Recognise, Respond and Refer for Family Violence - Gippsland Women's Health - 24 March (Leongatha), 28 April (Wonthaggi), 12 May (Sale), 23 June (Bairnsdale) (free training)
- MARAM Collaborative Practice - Gippsland Women's Health - 25 March (Leongatha), 29 April (Wonthaggi), 13 May (Sale), 24 June (Bairnsdale) (free training)
- Suicide Bereavement Support Training for Health Professionals - Gippsland PHN - 25 March, Bairnsdale (limited places remaining)
- Webinar: Managing client's behaviours of concern - Multiple Sclerosis Limited - 25 March, online
- Gippsland Consumer Engagement Forum 2020 (Save the Date) - Safer Care Victoria / Health Issues Centre - 26 March, Traralgon
- 'Being Frank': a theatre-based education program about trans and gender diversity - Deakin University - 31 March, Melbourne
- 'PreventX' 2020 Annual Conference - DVRC - 1 April, Melbourne
- Standard Mental Health First Aid - LRH - 20-21 April (Traralgon), 11-12 May (Leongatha), 18-19 May (Sale), 6-7 July (Warragul), 21-22 September (Sale)
- Non- Suicide Self Injury - LRH - 27 April (Traralgon), 1 June (Wonthaggi), 29 July (Sale), 10 August (Warragul)
- Youth Mental Health First Aid - LRH - 4-5 May (Traralgon), 21-22 July (Leongatha), 7-8 September (Traralgon)
- Leading Prevention (of violence against women) in Practice - DVRC - 5-6 May, Melbourne
- Webinar: Managing Multiple Sclerosis Fatigue - Multiple Sclerosis Limited - 6 May, online
- Standard Mental Health First Aid Refresher - LRH - 27 May, Traralgon
- Bridges Out Of Poverty: Train the Trainer Certification - Gippsland PHN - 27-29 May, Bairnsdale
- AIFS (Australian Institute of Family Studies) 2020 Conference - 9-12 June, Melbourne
- Communicating healthcare for young men through digital technology Conference - 14-16 June, Melbourne
- Gambling and Mental health - LRH - 29 June, Traralgon
- 12th International Conference on Grief and Bereavement in Contemporary Society - 13-17 July, Melbourne
- Suicidal Person Mental Health First Aid - LRH - 15 July or 29 September, Traralgon
- Primary Care Diabetes Summit - 18 July, Melbourne
- Youth Mental Health Refresher - LRH - 24 August, Traralgon
- Working From Our Strengths - The Chronic Illness Alliance (free online program)
- 'Diabetes Academy - What’s New in Diabetes?' (short course) - The University of Melbourne (online)
- 'Identifying and responding to domestic and family violence' (short course) - The University of Melbourne (online)
- SafeScript Modules - training access is open to all health professionals across Victoria; requires registration on the NPS MedicineWise website (online)
- Compact Courses- Training for community directors and fundraisers- Institute of Community Directors Australia (online)
- The National Workforce Centre for Child Mental Health online courses - Emerging Minds (free online courses)
Baw Baw Food Movement meeting: Thursday 20 February 2020, 9.30am, Community College Gippsland, Korumburra-Warragul Road, Warragul
CWGPCP Governance Group meeting: Thursday 12 March 2020, 1.00pm, Latrobe Community Health Service, Fowler Street, Moe
Baw Baw Emergency Food Relief meeting: Wednesday 1 April 2020, 10.30am, Quantum Support Services, William Street, Warragul
Food For All Latrobe Valley: Thursday 2 April 2020, 9.30am, Moe Library, 1/29 George Street, Moe
Baw Baw 'Our Watch Our Issue' Network meeting: Thursday 9 April 2020, 8.30am, Gippsland Centre Against Sexual Assault, Albert Street, Warragul
Latrobe Prevention of Men’s Violence Against Women Network meeting: Tuesday 14 April 2020, Latrobe Community Health Service, Buckley Street, Morwell