I'm pleased to advise you of the following new developments:
AMBC Business Directory launching soon
Work has begun on an online business directory. This will allow members to profile themselves and their businesses/organisations on the AMBC website, and allow our web visitors to search and connect with you with their opportunities. Members will be able to submit and update their profiles online (subject to editorial approval). More details will be sent in the coming weeks, and we are targeting to get this live by the end of June. If you would like to be included in the Business Directory, please click here to register.
New members to AMBC Victoria
Please join me in welcoming the following new members to the AMBC network:
- KPMG (National Corporate)
- PwC (National Corporate)
- City of Melbourne (State Corporate)
- Australia Property and Development Consultancy (SME)
- AVRUS Pty Ltd (SME)
- White & Mason Lawyers (SME)
- Urbanise.com Limited (SME)
You can learn more about each of these new members (and others) when the new Business Directory comes online in a few weeks!
Sabah Tour finalised (August 13-20)
The tour program has been finalised, and we have started taking bookings (ten confirmed so far). This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join in this bespoke tour and experience Sabah like a local:
- Learn about Australia's deep connection to Sabah during the Second World War, in particular the Sandakan Death March
- Experience the warm hospitality and culture of the Kadazan-Duzun people in the Tambunan heartland
- Explore the natural tropical wonders of Sabah and Mount Kinabalu (UNESCO World Heritage site)
- Visit the world-renowned Sepilok Orangutan Rehabitation Centre, and the Sun Bear Centre
- be welcomed and hosted by various groups, including Sabah Tourism and the President of Sandakan
The eight-day program will cost 2,813 MYR per person (approx 950 AUD) for the land tour portion - this includes accommodation (twin-sharing), transportation, tours and most meals. A detailed itinerary is available here, and you can also contact Nathanael Kitingan (an AMBC Board member and a Sabahan) with any queries.
Travelling to KL?
A distinguished member of our MABC counterpart in KL (Dato Robert Teo) has generously offered AMBC Members complimentary use of boardroom and lounge facilities at their serviced offices in KL. The Quest Business Centre is conveniently in the heart of the city - more details on their facilities and services can be found at their website. If you would like to take up this offer, please contact our Secretariat for an introduction and referral.
Upcoming events in June
On June 9th, we have organised a Boardroom lunch for our Corporate members, kindly hosted by Malaysia Airlines and Melbourne Marriott (corporate invitations sent separately).
We are also finalising a Malaysian-styled networking dinner for June 22nd. It will be a good excuse to get together and end the financial year - details will be released shortly.