Coot Club - Opening 1 July 2022
WALKER BAY NATURE RESERVE, STANFORD, SOUTH AFRICA
With the growing demand for simplicity and connection, we are delighted to launch COOT CLUB
. Created and crafted during lockdown by Jo Sinfield (Explorers Club in Franschhoek) and Bas Hochstenbach (ex Asilia), Coot Club is about finding balance, having fun, kicking your shoes off and experiencing some of the best coastline in the Western Cape.
Just two hours from Cape Town, Coot Club is set on 464 hectares of private nature reserve on the south bank of the Klein Rivier Lagoon. The closest village is Stanford, a quaint community where life is simple and gentle.
- Opening 1 July: the new Boathouses (3 x 1-bedroom & 2 x 2-bedroom) positioned on the lagoon edge.
- Currently available: Stone Cottages (5 cottages sleeping from 2 guests to 11).
- Rates: Boathouses start from R4,000 per unit per night | Stone Cottages from R 2,800 per unit per night.
- Inclusions: Breakfast at the Clubhouse and daily sundowners plus non-motorised water sport activities.
- Meals: the central Clubhouse is the heart of the experience and offers all day dining: BBQ under the milkwood trees, pizzas cooked in the wood-fire oven, refreshing salads, homemade burgers and the like.
- Children: all ages, this is a fabulous location for families.
- Conservation Levy: R160 per person over 13 years per day which supports the wider protection of the Walker Bay Fynbos Conservancy.
Coot Club is all about hitting the reset button and spending time with family and friends, rising early for a meditative walk, or paddling across the lagoon in tune with the rhythms of nature.