Construction is well underway and we are excited to share that we have installed 2 of the 87 turbines planned for the site and several others with base and mid sections up. The collection system and substation construction has commenced. Work on the transmission line is ongoing with 161 of the 586 structures up.
Here is a summary of planned construction activities for the wind project site over the coming two weeks:
- Drilling and road works will continue
- Turbine Foundation work continues
- Wind turbine component deliveries continue
- Wind turbines are being installed
- Trenching continues for the collector system
- Collection system and substation construction continues
- Permanent Met Tower foundations and tower assembly begin
- Foundation work for the transformers commences
Work on the transmission line continues with workers clearing the Right-of-Way, blasting and drilling for the foundations, and delivering and setting the wood and steel poles.
The safety of our workers, our neighbouring communities, and the environment is our top priority. We will continue to keep the community updated on construction activities as work progresses - you can get the latest information by visiting the Henvey Inlet Wind website.