Employment Opportunities, CatholicCare:
Clinicians - Specialist ATOD counselling positions
Posted on the behalf of CatholicCare Canberra and Goulburn.
CatholicCare is looking for clinicians to join a new counselling service for adolescents and adults experiencing ATOD challenges.
CatholicCare is launching a new service and has multiple positions available for clinicians to provide therapeutic counselling to adolescents and adults with a focus on ATOD issues. The model of service is an innovative outreach based intervention program.
These Clinician positions sit within the Integrated Counselling Program and will be providing specialist ATOD services to adolescents and adults. The aim of the program is to meet the consumer where they are comfortable, so an outreach service is available.
Rewarding opportunities exist for enthusiastic people seeking meaningful careers; helping people in the wider community in a diverse range of program areas. CatholicCare's employment benefits include a generous salary packaging option, free parking, and professional development in a family friendly environment.
CatholicCare is a large welfare agency of the Catholic Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn. Their mission is to provide quality services to people by promoting healthy, inclusive communities through relationships, partnerships and collaboration.
The ideal person we are looking for has:
- Tertiary qualifications in Psychology or be an accredited Mental Health Social Worker
- Applicants must have specialist ATOD training as well as experience in the ATOD sector
- Registration with APHRA or Membership with AASW
- Counselling Experience working in the ATOD sector with adolescents & adults with complex needs
- Ability to respond appropriately to crisis situations and to clients presenting with complex issues such as comorbidity and suicide
- Good verbal and written communication skills, and good time management skills
- Have an understanding of EEO, Work Safety and confidentiality
To apply you must:
- Attach an updated resume
- Covering Letter
- Address each Selection Criteria above
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will not be considered
Candidates will also be required to undergo a National Police Check.
To be considered for this role, other requirements are:
- a current drivers licence
- a Working with Vulnerable People Card
: 13 March 2017
Please send applications to email@example.com
For more information or to apply please visit www.catholiccare.cg.org.au
CatholicCare Canberra and Goulburn is committed to equal opportunity in employment, and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Notice: Any views expressed in this communication are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of ATODA.