Karralika Programs Inc. operates alcohol and other drug treatment programs and has a solid reputation for high quality, client focused residential and community treatment support services.
They are looking for a permanent Case Manager to work with Karralika Programs Inc. Karralika Programs is committed to reconciliation and they encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds to apply for positions.
The Solaris Therapeutic Community works with participants in a correctional setting to address their alcohol and other drug dependence. They are seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced workers who have a general empathy for those whose lives have been affected by alcohol and other drug use.
Karralika Programs Inc. offers above award wages and salary packaging including PBI fringe benefits-free threshold. All Karralika Programs Inc. sites/workplaces are smoke-free. Individuals with a personal history of substance use are eligible to apply but must have been a graduate of a program and separated from services for more than 2 years. A current Working With Vulnerable People clearance will be required.
As a Karralika Programs Inc. Case Manager, candidates will have solid experience in case work, case management and therapeutic interventions including facilitating groups and one-to-one sessions. They will require a minimum Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs or an equivalent qualification in fields such as mental health or community services. Experience gained through previous positions, service or study will also be considered favourably.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Sound experience in case work practice with a solid understanding of AOD clients’ issues;
- Demonstrated experience in group work;
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and engage with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and professions across the allied health sector;
- Proven skills in record keeping and report writing, and sound computer literacy;
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate tasks and manage competing priorities
- Demonstrated reliability and ability to lead by example;
- Proven ability to solve problems and conflict situations within the workplace and open to giving and receiving feedback
- Proven time management skills;
- Have a flexible work attitude and adhere to professional and agency ethics, boundaries and practices;
- Current driver’s licence and First Aid Certificate
- Current Working With Vulnerable People Clearance
- Knowledge of Work Health and Safety practices
- Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs (or other relevant qualification)
They also welcome applications from individuals with broader specialist expertise in supporting clients with complex needs including dual diagnosis and/or health, mental health or social work qualifications and experience. Experience in working within a corrective services setting and knowledge of the therapeutic community model is an advantage but not essential.
Karralika Programs is seeking expressions of interest (including a CV and a short statement against the role of the position) from interested parties.
For further information please contact Nadia O’Toole at firstname.lastname@example.org
Expressions of interest should be emailed to email@example.com
by 27 March 2017
Notice: Any views expressed in this communication are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of ATODA.