Celebrate With Us!
"Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is Godâ€™s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." (1 Thes. 5:17-18, NLT)
As spring is fully underway here in Kosice, we have so much to be thankful for! We invite you to celebrate with us this month:
#1 - Coming Mission Team
We are excited about the arrival of a team from CBF Virginia very soon! They will be here for a â€œMission Immersion Experience.â€ During that time they will meet many new friends, help us in two of our current ministry locations, and learn about Roma and Slovak culture. We will all pray together about new ways that they and their churches can connect with what Godâ€™s doing here in Slovakia.
Celebrate with us that God is connecting people from the U.S. with what is happening here in Slovakia! Please pray for this team as they travel here â€“ for safety, new friendships and fruitful work as they are here. Pray also for future teams that are planning to come this fall.
#2 - English Conversation Courses
This week we will conclude our spring series of English Conversation Classes at the Devleskero Kher (Roma) church here in Kosice. Weâ€™ve had such a fun year of learning together and teaching English. Even though the time is short â€“ one hour with each group each week â€“ we have enjoyed building these relationships, meeting new friends, and watching as theyâ€™ve made progress in English! We charged a minimal fee for each lesson, and all that money has gone back to the church. It has been a win-win situation, and we hope to continue classes like this in the future!
Celebrate with us that we've had a good season of lessons with these groups! Please pray for our closing celebration this Friday evening â€“ we expect a large group, and we know also that some unbelievers might be there. Pray for a fruitful closing to this course, and for good relationships to continue for classes in the future!
#3 - Supplies for Kezmarok School
In the past few weeks weâ€™ve begun delivering supplies to the Roma high school in Kezmarok. Many of you responded generously to our appeal for assistance, and weâ€™ve been amazed to see how God has worked in the background! Weâ€™re still working with the school staff to figure out the best way to purchase usable clothing for the students. In the meantime, weâ€™ve used some of these funds to support the school in the following ways:
- Pens, pencils, chalk and other basic classroom supplies;
- English-Slovak dictionaries;
- Slovak literature books required for graduation exams;
- Permanent displays and supplies for the science and math teachers;
- CD players for use in the classrooms;
- Help with higher-than-expected bills from the winter.
The school is struggling financially just to remain open, so these kinds of supplies are well beyond their ability to purchase on their own. Thank you for supporting this school with your prayers and with your gifts â€“ know that youâ€™re making a difference!
Celebrate with us that we have been able to help each week at this school and make friends among the students and teachers! Please continue to pray for the teachers, several of whom spend up to three hours on a train each day so they can teach there. Pray for Ana, Helena and Ivan, who each hold different responsibilities in directing the school. They have some big decisions to make in the coming weeks about the future of the school and its location.
So Many More Reasons to Celebrate...
- For safe travel to our team meetings in Spain at the end of March. We also had the chance to visit with friends and colleagues in Barcelona. It was a refreshing and beneficial time!
- For so many partners like you who pray with us regularly, and who, through your financial support, allow us to keep pursuing God's calling here among the Roma in Kosice, Slovakia.
- For a season of intense language learning these past two months, that have helped us to grow in our ability to converse and survive in the Slovak language... a huge blessing!
Our colleagues gathered for four days of team meetings
on Palma de Mallorca, Spain.
Some special prayer requests for our colleagues and teammates:
- Please continue to pray for our colleagues the Podgaiskys in the midst of the unrest in Kiev, Ukraine.
- Pray for our colleagues the Lees in Macedonia - that God would provide for their needs as they seek new financial partners in their work. Learn more about their work and how you can help at www.thefellowship.info/missions/field-personnel/lee/.
- Pray for the McNarys, who will be very busy this summer hosting several teams working on a new preschool for Roma children in Vazec, Slovakia.
Remember to check our blog (prayingwithfeet.wordpress.com)
for more frequent updates!