Our goal is to help every small business in Norfolk that wants it. It's a heavy lift, and we're ready for the challenge. Changes in business assistance programs are happening rapidly with more on the horizon. We're on top of it and we are here to help.
Our team is prepared to answer your questions quickly and connect you to emerging business assistance programs. We are also working hard to develop and identify new loans, grants, and solutions that are the right for your business.
Click here to request a call from our team today. Or call our office at 757-664-4338, and we will return your call right away. You may also wish to check our COVID-19 page on NorfolkDevelopment.com for more resources if you haven't done so already.
Below is a brief description of the internal and external resources and services we can offer to businesses related to COVID-19:
- Norfolk Economic Disaster Assistance loan
- Help understanding new Norfolk tax changes: extension of due dates & relief of fees
- Assistance identifying and applying for relevant federal loans
- Economic Development maintains relationships with the SBA and local and regional banks to provide technical assistance
- Support to identify and apply for emerging grant programs (state, federal & private sources)
- We will conduct specialized research to determine if your business may qualify for any emerging grants
- Identifying B2B and B2G opportunities in partnership with the region and state
- A wide range of non-financial assistance -
- Examples include but are not limited to: places to buy non-surgical masks from Norfolk-based companies, workforce assistance/Norfolk Works, access to regional experts, real estate assistance, assistance regarding changes to planning and permitting, technical assistance for manufacturers pivoting production lines via partner organizations such as GenEdge, and other specialized research customized to the needs of each unique business during this time
- Economic Development's Newsletter: sign up for timely updates and new resources
- Capital Access Program (pending relaunch)